Backcountry Film Festival:
A Fundraiser for Yampatika
DOORS/BAR 6:30 pm
FILMS 7:00 pm
BACKCOUNTRY FILM FESTIVAL
Celebrating the Winter Human-Powered Experience
Tickets $20 or $10 for students
The 13th Annual Winter Wildlands Alliance Backcountry Film Festival will show at the Chief Theater on February 17, 2018. All proceeds benefit Yampatika and Friends of the Routt Backcountry.
The Backcountry Film Festival is produced by Winter Wildlands Alliance as a celebration of the human-powered experience and a gathering place for the backcountry snowsports community. Winter Wildlands Alliance is a national nonprofit organization that partners with groups like Yampatika and Friends of the Routt Backcountry at the local level to inspire and educate the backcountry community to protect and care for their winter landscapes.
Funds raised at each screening stay in the local community to support human-powered recreation and conservation efforts, winter education and avalanche/safety programs and to raise awareness of winter management issues.
Adventure, environment and climate, youth outdoors, ski culture- you’ll find it all in this award winning lineup. Films in this year’s program include:
· The Space Within, DPS Skis Cinematic | 5 min 28 sec
· Ruth Gorge, Noah Howell | 8 min 1 sec
· Below 0, Itai Hagage | 4 min 54 sec
· The End of Snow, Jane Zelikova and Morgan Heim | 20 min 35 sec
· Follow Through, Anya Miller and Becca Cahall | 21 min 48 sec
· Genesis, Ben Sturgulewski and Dan Pizza | 5 min 50 sec
· Idaho 12ver Project, Mark Ortiz | 12 min 10 sec
· Adventure Not War, Max Lowe | 7 min 35 sec